Relief Staff Information


Until the end of Term Two (2) 2021, we are offering the following relief staff a FREE Registration....

  • NEW REGISTRATIONS for Teachers and Education Assistants plus EA Special Needs.
  • 2020 Members Re-Registering in 2021.
  • University 3rd / 4th Year Teaching Students - Registering as EA's only.

(Conditions Apply)

Relief Staff - Key Points

  • RSM accepts registrations from Teachers, Specialists, Education Assistant & Education Assistant - Special Needs.
  • Relief Staff can select Preferred Schools from a list of RSM Schools.
  • Relief Staff select their Areas of Expertise.
  • Once activated, Relief Staff can use our FREE RSM 'App'

Relief Staff - New 'Standard Registration'

  • Relief Staff must register and complete all required information online before being activated.  Please read the information below under 'Online - Standard Registrations!' to find out what you will need before Registering.
  • Relief Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff will be charged a Annual Registration Fee for the 2021 school year. However, we are offering a Free Registration to the following groups (Certifications and Transcripts Required):
    * 2020 Teaching & Education Assistant Graduates (1 School)
    * 2021 3rd & 4th Year Teaching Students - EA Applications Only (1 School)
    * Bunbury Zone - Teaching and Education Assistants (Up to 4 Schools).
  • New Registrations 2021, you can choose 1, 2-4, 5-8 or 9-12 preferred schools.  Depending on your choice the costs range from:
    • Teaching Staff -
        • $10.00 to $96.00
    • Non-Teaching Staff -
        • $7.50 to $66.00

Relief Staff - 'Direct Registration'

  • This type of registration in only accessible to relief staff who have received a 'Direct Registration' email from a school.  If you have not received this email then you must complete a New 'Standard Registration'.
  • Relief Staff must register and complete all the following basic information online before being activated.
    • You will need to provide:
      • Personal Details.
      • Profile Picture - Clear Facial Picture (jpeg format).
      • Areas of Expertise.
      • Availability.
      • Mandatory Reporting Documentation - if available.
  • Relief Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff will not be charged for this type of registration.

Online - Standard Registrations!


All Teaching and Non-Teaching Relief Staff - will need the following list of items ready to upload or insert.  You need to be fully prepared because you cannot save an uncompleted Registration.

All of these item file sizes must be under 1MB per file.

All of these files must be in the correct file format (as listed).

All Relief Staff:

Required Details and Documentation:

  • Resume/CV – (compulsory - pdf format only)
  • Profile Picture – Clear Facial Picture (compulsory - jpeg format only)
  • Drivers License and/or Passport - Copy (compulsory - pdf format only)
  • Qualifications – Various (pdf formats only)
  • Mandatory Reporting Accreditation is not a compulsory field.  However, some schools may require this accreditation before they offer you relief work.  Therefore, if you have a Number, Date and Document of any sort that shows you are accredited, then you should insert what you have in a pdf format only.
    • CEWA - Child Protection & Mandatory Reporting
    • EDWA - Mandatory Reporting of Child Sexual Abuse
    • CSA - To Be Advised
  • Accreditation to Teach RE is also preferred but not essential.
  • Professional Referees
  • Recent Teaching History
  • Preferred Schools - Select the 'Schools Locator' Tab on the Relief Staff Menu Bar and identify our current RSM Schools.  Use this as a guide to choose your Preferred Schools when registering.

Working With Children Check:

  • To apply for a New Working with Children card or to request an updated Copy, visit the WWC website at
  • Number, Date & Card (compulsory - pdf format only)

SCN Letter from the Department of Education:

  • If you do not have a current valid SCN Letter, then you will need to complete the Education Department’s HSPC (previously known as Crimtrac) using the following link, please note the 100 Point Check Requirements:
  • If you do have a SCN Letter, and you want to work as an Education Assistant and/or Education Assistant (Special Needs), we use CEWA’s Appointment of Staff Policy for Non-Teaching Staff as follows for CEWA, EDWA, CSA and all other Schools:
    • Clause   National Police History Check - For applicants employed with the WA Catholic system, where there is no gap of more than 6 months in their employment, a NPHC is considered current if it is not more than 36 months old.

All Relief Teachers:


  • Number, Date & Letter of Grant (Compulsory pdf format only).
  • If you don't have a current TRBWA Letter of Grant, use the following steps to get the current ‘Letter of Grant’ from the TRBWA website:

Subscription Payments:

  • Payments need to be made by Credit Card or PayPal through the PayPal portal - please have your details ready to use.

Failure to supply the above information and the current valid documents for your WWCC, TRBWA or SCN Letter plus make your PayPal payment will delay your activation.

If you have everything?  Then you are ready to register and complete Phase 1 of your registration process!

Scroll to top